Four works of art and an antique got me interested in the recent private preview and vernissage of Fine Art Asia 2010
at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
1. antique Rolex (Somlo Antiques) selling for HKD797,000
2. Shanghai Family Tree by Zhang Huan, 2001, a set of nine photos of faces that are progressively being filled with Chinese characters for HKD1.2 million
3. Mao by Andy Warhol, 1972 (Artnet), 10 screenprints of the Chinese leader for USD700,000 to USD900,000
4. I’m Looking at You by Eung-ho Park, 2008 (3812 Contemporary Art Projects), eyes staring you down made out of bottle caps and epoxy resins
5. Virtuality-History-Pic 6 by Wang Lang, a photomosaic of vibrators (yep!)
You still have the chance to view them until October 6, 2010.
No, we didn’t buy anything…I just content myself with the freebies from Kee Club, PCCW, Hair Corner, Ngong Ping 360, Ocean Park Hong Kong, Broadway, Fortress, Sam’s Tailor (for Mr. Diplomat), Sunglass Hut, and Sulwhasoo, which included a generous bounty of beauty products with a spa voucher, and free drinks at 25 hotels and 26 restaurants and bars to boot! It’s no Oscar goody bag, but who’s to complain?
See you at the next event!